Our first 6th Edition event! Take a small strike force into combat to earn achievements and carve your way to victory. It’s all day on Saturday, July 21. Entry’s $5.
This event is all about learning the new edition, or if you’re a newcomer, getting some quick games under your belt using small forces. This event is played for Achievements, gained throughout the day. We’ll have tables set up for play all day (we open at 10am). Use the comments to let folks know when you’ll be here!
Throughout the day, you can earn Achievements for using the different rules in 6th Edition. Here’s the list:
- Use all six Personal Warlord traits (page 111)
- Deploy a model with vehicle armor or a monstrous creature
- Deploy a flyer or flying monstrous creature
- Deploy a unit with jump packs or jet packs
- Deploy a psyker with a psychic power from the Main Rulebook (page 418)
- Inflict at least one casualty during a Night Fighting round (page 124)
- Inflict at least one casualty while garrisoned in a building (page 92)
- Kill an opponent’s Hero in a challenge (page 64)
- Use the effects of four kinds of Battlefield Debris throughout the event (page 104)
- Use the effects of two kinds of Mysterious Terrain (pages 102, 103 & 106)
- Hold both objectives at the end of a game
- Uncover a Mysterious Objective (page 125)
- Claim all three Secondary Objectives in one game (page 122)
- Play three games
- Win three games
When you’re done for the day, turn in your Achievement sheet. You’ll get a special in-store reward for a discount on any Warhammer 40,000 purchase, with a percent off equal to however many Achievements you accomplished!
Each player’s Combat Patrol is limited to 400 points with a unique Force Allocation Chart:
- 0-1 HQ
- 1-3 Troops
- 0-1 Elite
- 0-1 Fast Attack
- 0-1 Heavy Support
- 0-1 Swing Slot (can be used as a bonus slot for any one other type)
There is only one compulsory Troop choice. Mandatory choices per specific Codex rules are not enforced. Vehicles must have an Armor Value on all facings of 12 or less.
You are not required to use the same army (or even the same Codex!) during the event. Try out as many options as you like!
Every game will use The Emperor’s Will mission from the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook (page 130). Games will last 5 rounds, with no variable game length. All normal Secondary Objectives and Mission Special Rules are in effect.