Move-In Approaches

The tid-bits are done. The contractors are wrapping up. The day after I write this, I’ll wax the floors. And after that: move-in. After unfathomable delays, the time is nearly here.

This one’s a short one, because there’s very little to explain. All of the work is nearly at its end. Our contractors are about to schedule inspections. That stuff from the last post is done. The floors will be waxed tomorrow.

I honestly keep assuming I’ve just overlooked some obvious hang-up that’ll hold us up yet again. But it’s just not there. I’ve looked everywhere! Nothing.

I don’t know precisely how long it will take to get inspections done, sign the final forms and get our papers to do business, so still no firm open date. When we do have one, trust me we’ll let you know. It won’t be a quiet affair.

22 responses to “Move-In Approaches”

1. hewhorocks says:

Huzzah! Ive been holding off purchases just to lend my support

2. MIchael says:

It looks good. You did a great job on the floor. Will you have vending machines?

3. Jeremy says:

Update! Move-in went off without a hitch Sunday. We’ll be getting everything set up this week, and passing inspections with aerobatic chroma. More to come on the main page later this week.

4. Ashley Nichols says:

Sure was fun getting those chairs together. I have to say, this is going to be the best furniture of any game shop I’ve been to. And if everything else is HALF that good, then +1 will be miles and miles ahead of any other place to shop and play. I’ll be keeping my eye out for any requests for help I can fill, as well as the Grand Opening, which will be soon coming!!

5. el beyondo says:

AGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH

The suspense is killing me!

6. Dustin says:

Looking forward to opening day I have a wishlist a mile long.

7. Me and my husband keep looking at this site just waiting and waiting. We’re so excited!

8. Michael says:

Went in for a visit tonight. I felt like a kid in a candy shop.

9. Jane Doe says:

You guys just keep dragging this opening out…. and out… and out.

I can’t think of a better way to go bankrupt.

• beyonder says:

Nice – real constructive.

As far as we know, the owners have been doing their best to open the shop. It’s not your money, so maybe it’s not your place to leave snotty comments on their website.

Also, the fact that you left the comment anonymously is super weak.

10. Ashley says:

I concur with beyonder. I have personally watched this shop undergo vast development towards the opening. Some of the delays encountered were unavoidable – such as contractors and inspections during the holiday season. Other delays were contractor or government based. Jeremy and Allie are doing everything in their power to open a quality game shop, and do so by the book – that is, they have no intention of cutting corners, shortcutting anything, or jeopardizing their ability to do business under the law by sidestepping the hurdles that have popped up for them. Further, we, as the gaming community at large, have supported them in their endeavor by putting some sweat equity into it, or committing to spend our money there when they do open. For someone to make such a narrow-minded assessment of the situation without, possibly, knowing all the facts is about as detrimental to the morale of such an operation as it comes. I for one, do not appreciate such commentary, nor do I condone such behavior. Personally, you should consider yourself lucky you remained anonymous, for, if I knew who you were, I certainly would not want to share a gaming table with you.

11. Dustin says:

I heard a rumor the store is opening this weekend. Any truth to that?

• Jeremy says:

Next weekend looks extremely promising. We’re nearly done setup, and we’re ready for our last inspections. We’ll call in tomorrow to schedule them. I’ve got a post brewing to update everyone, just need some pictures to fill it out.

12. Jane Doe says:

I doubt it.

13. Jeremy says:

That’s enough, everyone. Jane, you’re entitled to your opinion, but do not come on here to sling mud. Everyone replying to Jane, don’t feed the trolls.

Thanks.

14. kevin says:

I’m excited. There will be so many new friends to meet. Having a gaming store nearby will definitely motivate me to assemble and paint my skaven army. I haven’t had any desire to paint a single model due to the fact that my current friends only want to play xbox and go to bars.

15. Ashley Nichols says:

Tru dat, Jeremy. Seems that some folks just won’t be happy any way you slice it. I, for one, am looking forward to many happy hours hanging with friends, discussing the merits and flaws of various game systems, and, of course, getting some serios game on!

16. Erich says:

Hey, I m really excited for a gaming shop in nola, i havent been able to find any where since i got stationed here. gotta try out my new ig army lol

17. Dustin says:

Erich where are you stationed? I’m at Belle Chasse.