Opening Plans

Our Grand Opening extravaganza has been officially moved to Saturday, December 4. But fear not! We’re about 95% sure we can open before the end of the month. Rather than fret over the exact date, we’ll just open as soon as possible and do the celebrating on December 4.

So what happened to November 20? The architect promised less than two weeks; he took five. The permitting office was glad to report a slow period, so our permit should go through with the quickness – in about a week. That’s a week from last Friday, putting approval on November 19. After which we’d still need an inspection, drywall … all that other stuff.

We’ve made a couple friends there, and our architect has been talking with them non-stop, so it may actually go through faster than a week. But still, all that other stuff. Plus, Thanksgiving pops up in the middle somewhere.

So the new deal is, our first day of business will be as soon as freaking possible. We’ll announce it here and on Facebook, naturally, so by all means come party early. On December 4 we’ll have a proper ribbon cutting, and we’re pulling together some folks to run demos for a few popular games (let us know if you’re interested). It’ll be the perfect day to bring curious friends and family, or check out a new game for yourself. We can even set you up a gift registry.

Special orders are still open, too. We’ll try to get anything you order now in time for opening day.

9 responses to “Opening Plans”

1. Michael says:

What not Black Friday opening?

• Jeremy says:

The Grand Opening won’t be the actual date we start doing business, just the day we celebrate it. We think we’ll be open for business by Black Friday, but there’s a chance even that won’t happen. This way we’ll just open ASAP instead of worrying over exactly when to mark the calendar.

2. Michael says:

I can run a board game Demo on the 4th if you can spare the table space.

3. Dilt says:

I’m going to try to roll my way in. No promises, as it’s Finals season over at LSU, but if I can make it… oh yeah, it’s going to be good

4. Ashley Nichols says:

Bugger. I will be out of town until the 6th. Sucks, but I will be there as soon as I can, guys. I will bring a stack of my favorites on each visit, and see what I can get on a table to show off/demo.

5. walt says:

Jeremy:
    I’d be happy to post your “doors are open” day, when it arrives. I might encourage you to set aside a dedicated evening for historicals.
    Call me at the museum if you’d like to discuss.
    W

• Jeremy says:

We’re working on something for the historical players. I’ll get in touch when we’ve worked out more of what we’re able to do.