Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): Access denied for user 'jhenson'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home1/jhenson/plus1gaming/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): A link to the server could not be established in /home1/jhenson/plus1gaming/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/xml-google-maps/xmlgooglemaps_dbfunctions.php on line 10
We’ve run aground of a problem, and we want to fill you in on all the details so you can have a clear picture of what’s going on. We think we can keep to the October 23 date, but it’ll be hard.
The short is, we thought we didn’t need permits for our renovations because of a grandfather clause, since our space hasn’t been occupied since Katrina. We’re double-checking now, but it looks like that’s wrong. We’d need permits and an inspection before closing the walls with sheet rock, which means we have to halt the next big step for probably one to two weeks.
Before you get too dismayed, we may still be able to open on October 23. We can move staining the concrete floors to next week instead of waiting until painting is done. We’re expecting that to be a week-long process, and nobody would be able to work during that time anyhow. If we can push through permitting and inspection in roughly that time, drywall can commence the week after and we’ll still be on track.
My honest expectation is: we will be delayed from our intended schedule, but I think we can still open on October 23. Allie and I may be building shelves and stocking inventory through the night that last week, and there may be a few make-ready jobs left unfinished, but all that is a price well worth paying.
Thanks for bearing with us through this long build-out. You guys have seriously been amazing. I know it’s hard to keep enthusiasm up for such a stretch, and I don’t want to let you down on that.
We’ll keep you updated.