Retail Is as Retail Does

We wish we could stock every gaming product, ever. Well, almost. But instead, we’re making reasonable plans based on what we think we can sell and how much fits into our ambitious budget. The budget, and ultimately the number of products available, might change when the realities of renovation hit us.

If things go mostly to plan, we’ll open with:

• Board Games: at least 80′ of shelves for at least 70 board games, plus expansions
  • Minis: 224 square feet of wall space full of miniatures and accessories including Games Workshop, Privateer Press, WizKids, and historicals
  • one free-standing display of GW paints and painting supplies, and hopefully another display for Valejo paints
  • Card Games: a counter display case full, with cabinets to store extra boxes
  • one free standing display of various card accessories like binders, sleeves, boxes and counters
  • LARP: a handful of boffer weapons, maybe some costumes and stage makeup (please email me or Jeremy if you are a LARPer and have suggestions)
  • RPGs: at least 64′ of shelves full of books
  • at least 32′ of shelves full of roleplaying aids and accessories
  • 24′ of shelves full of kid-oriented games and geeky stuff
  • up to 16′ of shelves full of frequently rotated oddities
  • our own small line of geeky t-shirts
  • storage space for keeping extras of high-turnover items

Looks like you’ll have a lot of shopping to do, amirite? There’s even room for product expansion later when (hopefully) business picks up enough to match our grandiose space.

We hope that you will pre-order/reserve a copy of any new products coming out. We’ll order more than that, so you don’t have to do it. However, it would really help us make sure to order enough for everyone. Pre-orders will help us gauge popularity of an item and guarantee a copy for the most interested customers. We want to do our best to minimize dead stock, but not at the expense of your purchasing pleasure.

21 responses to “Retail Is as Retail Does”

1. Ashley Nichols says:

Awesome, guys! Can’t wait to become a regular at the new shop!

2. Adam says:

P3 Paints. Produced by Privateer Press.

3. Daniel Z says:

As I said back at Bayou Wars, the first purchase I will want to make from you guys is the new Axis and Allies versions for Europe and Pacific that combine to the ultra mega worldwide game.

4. John says:

I second the nomination for P3 paints.

Also, will you stock any cases/bags and/or foam trays for mini transport?

5. Brad says:

yea, P3 paints are awesome. I’ll also be looking to pick up a space marine dreadnaught and a drop pod my first time in.

6. Scott J. says:

Reaper miniatures on the minis wall, please. Both their fantasy lines and Chronoscope, if possible. Nothing excessive, but they do good work, and it would be nice to be able to impulse-buy some of their new releases.

I also have a few suggestions for smaller miniature companies that could have stock cycled on the “oddities” wall, if that’s what you had in mind.

• Jeremy says:

Reaper is a big yes. We’ll probably stock them by the RPGs since they aren’t a game in their own right. I’m especially excited about their plastic line, Legendary Encounters; you can get a three-pack of goblins or skeletons or whatever for $6. Chronoscope is pretty likely, too.

• el beyondo says:

Never heard of Legendary Encounters; it appears to be exactly what I’ve been looking for. You know what? I’ll buy some from you when you open the store.

7. Tim C. says:

I will be a rep for BattleFoam. So if you’re looking for demos on Miniature transports, let me know and I can make an appearence.

8. Rob says:

Dust Tactics. I’m really intrigued by this board game and if you can get the deluxe version (with the pre-painted minis) I’d like to buy it. One game I’ve been watching is Critical Mass Games out of the UK. 15mm Sci Fi with some very sweet minis, so my first purchase may be a special order. :)

• Rob says:

Okay, found out that Dust Tactic Deluxe is $300, so uh… yeah, too pricey for me. Still want CMG mini’s though. :)

• Scott J. says:

Ground Zero Games is another UK company that does work in 15mm scale. I don’t play in that scale, so I can’t say much for the quality, but the stuff I’ve ordered from them in 25mm scale is pretty cheap and decent-looking.

9. Doug says:

I also agree on the nomination for P3 paints Their spray primer is just amazing.

10. Jeremy says:

P3 Paints are duly noted! Thanks for the input, and keep it coming.

11. Jason says:

I am ready to order some stuff now. Can you get it and sell it to me in the parking lot. I’m serious!

• Allie says:

For now, I hate to admit that you’ll have to wait. We don’t have good space to store a serious order yet (there are always minimums), and we need to get our accounting set up. But I like the idea of having some early special orders, ready at least by opening day.

12. Tricia says:

Card boxes! Not just the deck boxes, but cardboard boxes to store all your extra cards / deck boxes in!

13. Coffee says:

Army Painter products, especially the colored spray primers, would be awesome. http://www.thearmypainter.com/

I hope you guys will be able to keep a good stock of the basics and new releases for the most popular systems… the shop I used before I moved to NOLA degenerated into a special order broker with the sparsest of selections; nothing sucked more than getting a hankering to assemble a model only to find that what you wanted was MIA.

14. Victoria Maikell says:

Mehron has the best LARP make-up. Paired up with the barrier spray, I’ve fought in the rain over a weekend without having to reapply.
    Mehron web site–

old larp website w/make up pics from weekend events–

and woochie was the best I’ve found for latex accessories, like ears etc.

woochie site–