Important Things

We’re the kind of people who see value in all kinds of things, but we have our priorities. What are yours?

What Is Most Important in a Game Shop? (Pick Up to 3)
  • Generous gaming space (20%, 27 Votes)
  • Open late (17%, 23 Votes)
  • Variety of games (breadth) (11%, 15 Votes)
  • Quality of service (11%, 15 Votes)
  • Complete stock of my favorite game (depth) (10%, 13 Votes)
  • Aesthetic appeal and cleanliness (8%, 11 Votes)
  • Variety of events (7%, 9 Votes)
  • Well organized products (5%, 7 Votes)
  • Comfort (in furniture, temperature, etc) (4%, 6 Votes)
  • Events that fit my schedule (3%, 4 Votes)
  • Staff knowledge (2%, 3 Votes)
  • Kid friendly (1%, 2 Votes)
  • Food and/or drink selection (1%, 1 Votes)
  • Open early (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Handicap accessibility (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Other (specify in comments) (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 48

Loading ... Loading ...

6 responses to “Important Things”

1. Ashley Nichols says:

Wold like to add that events and being able to game late are also important. And, for me, quality of service goes hand in hand with staff knowledge. I’m not as concerned about having everything for a game I’m interested in, as much as I am concerned with being able to ask that something be ordered and it coming in in a reasonable amount of time (that is, order before the call goes in to a distributor, and it comes in with the next regular shipment from that distributor). Best of luck, folks. I intend to be there playing, supporting, and, when cash is available, buying.

2. Joe says:

The late gaming thing is very important to me. Being able to play until the AM was one of the things that I really enjoyed about all of the local shops we have had. Although I did not pick it, having a staff that is friendly to EVERYONE, not just a particular clique, is also very important.

• Mike says:

see the comments on the troll section about clique mentality and what it can do to a shop in the long run

3. Scott J. says:

Oh God, so many of those things are important! Really, the only things on there that I don’t find important are opening early and having events that fit my schedule.

4. Tim C says:

Well I for one work until 8pm every night. So if you’re not opening late. I’m going to have to say sayonara.

Being clean is something that goes a long way. Trust me…It’s bad enough to have to smell the gamer funk- Its even worse when I have to see it in my surroundings.

5. yeager says:

late hours, lots of gaming space, and comfortable atmosphere are important. essentially, if the place feels inviting, i am more likely to spend time there and if i’m spending time there, i’m more likely to be purchasing gaming products and snacks. having a friendly staff and friendly clientele is really the most important piece of the puzzle, but it wasn’t an option to pick on the survey.